Do you have a question about your schedule?
Do you want to add, drop, or re-arrange a class on your schedule?
Need to register for Fall semester classes and want help?
If you said yes to any of the above questions, stop by the Student Success Center during any of the times below to meet with an adviser who can help! The Student Success Center is located in Griffin Hall, suite 70.
– Friday, August 25th 2:00-5:00
– Sunday, August 27th 12:15-1:15
– Monday, August 28th 8:00-12:00 and 2:00-4:00
– Tuesday, August 29th 8:00-12:00
We Guide. You Decide.
Academic Advising is part of the Student Success Center (SSC) and works closely with faculty advisers, Career Services and Internships, Tutoring, Disability Support Services, Athletics, and Health Services providing a comprehensive advising experience for your four years at Saint Mary’s.
Academic advising is a process of developing a relationship with a student with the purpose of guiding the student towards achievement of his/her educational, career, and personal goals. The academic adviser may be a faculty member or a professional staff member in the Student Success Center. Advisers help students make the most of their college experience by helping them develop a better understanding of their educational goals as related to their interests, values, and abilities. Academic advisers guide, students decide. Advisers encourage students to be self-reflective, to think critically about their attitudes and behaviors, to seek out resources, to become strong advocates for themselves, and to develop academic action plans consistent with their needs and hopes for the future.
Academic Advisers in the Student Success Center assist students in the following areas:
- Course planning and registration
- Major exploration and declaration
- Evaluation of degree requirements (General Education, Majors, Minors)
- Course pre-approvals and substitutions (transfer credit)
- Course withdrawal
- Academic difficulties
- Developing academic success strategies and life skills
- Facilitate the Academic Probation Support Program
- Addressing personal concerns affecting academic performance
- Understanding undergraduate academic polices and procedures
- Serve as academic liaisons
- Connect students with resources/services on campus
- University withdrawal
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
Academic Advising Office
700 Terrace Heights #6
Winona, MN 55987-1399
70 Griffin Hall
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.